A whole new kind of Christmas...




I wish all of you a Happy Holiday season! I send my love and hugs to family and friends from across the world. Thanks for all your cards and gifts too... It is so incredibly sweet of you to send me mail down here!



The Christmas spirit took on a whole new meaning this year at the bottom of the world... Music, Art and celebrating the holidays with new friends (all of whom seem to possess many a hidden talent) was a theme of the past week. I am not at liberty to describe the events in detail as there is a certain amount of discouragement to publicly portray certain Ice events so I will include some of the more pc photos and leave the rest to the imagination.










































From the floor of the Waste Barn all cozily snuggled in with the lot of us I enjoyed the songs of Leonard Cohen, John Prine, Bluegrass tunes and McMurdo's own take on Christmas classics all sung by fellow icers in a dome shaped barn that normally contains our trash and recycling, but felt like the Varsity Theater!





No comments: