My special blanket loves spinning in the snow

This blanket was given to me by my friend Arne who I met at a 10 day silent meditation retreat in a jungle in Thailand. We both had the chore of putting candles out around the ponds each day. He put the candles out around the rectangular male pond and I put the candles out around the round womens pond where we would do silent walking night time mediation around the ponds by candle light with the sound of monks chanting in the distance and frogs chirpping. Although it was a silent meditation and I never spoke to Arne, seeing him everyday we smiled at each other and became friends. At the end of the Vipassana we decided to hitch hike to an island together and ended up sharing bungalow's to save money. At first he let me borrow the blanket because he had two and I loved it so much that when we went separate ways he ended up giving it to me. He in turn had bought in India. It is a soft warm and incredibly cozy wool blanket and I take it everywhere with me, it rolls up real small and makes me feel at home instantly. Thanks Arne!




No comments: